Actual Design Question

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by CatBuilder, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

I see how your little trap works, Cat...

The offer is only good if you finish the boat so now I have a vested interest in seeing you succeed. Very tricky you are :p

Still, if I ever do find myself on the east coast again I'll take you up on that.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Put Nytol in the food. :D

3. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Ah, you don't realize the full extent of my motivation! I am required to finish the boat and not in the long distant future. If I don't, the chef from the galley in question will probably throw me in a barrel with cement and chuck me off a bridge. :D

Mostly, the offer stands because you have been very helpful with your advice both on the beams and in this thread and I really do appreciate it. It's great to get some fresh ideas, so thanks. I'm happy to give a daysail to anyone who helps, time and scheduling permitting, of course.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

So, not just a real design question, a real design situation. :)

Most real world design issues are driven by money and time. Being "the best" rarely comes into it, other than from the outset and ones 'dreams'. Time, cost, performance all play the biggest part of any design solution..yet such little attention to these aspects is given by the "designer/builder".

Whatever solution you end up with, shall be, by most proper definitions,...be part of the real world of design. Clock is ticking....budget is running out.....that is when one becomes creative :p

Good luck...:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.