Any Seattle area builders?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Westerly23, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Westerly23

Westerly23 Junior Member

I have a very strong interest in boat building and repair. So far one bare hull under my belt and half way through a total refit, working nights and weekends. (fiberglass sailboats)

I’m interested in making a career change and working on boats full time.
    Any Seattle area folks willing to let a young guy come observe them for a few hours? Maybe you need could use an extra hand one day?

I’m interested in seeing and learning more about any aspect of boat building and repair so don’t be shy. Maybe you’re cold molding a small skiff in the garage, maybe you’re refitting a 60 foot MY, I’m very interested in seeing and learning whatever I can.

Thanks,
    Justin
    http://winterhawkrestoration.blogspot.com/

2. duke

duke Junior Member

Seattle shops closing

Several FG boat yards have been going up on the chopping block lately. If you have an interest and want to get tooled up to build some boats, I'd look at the JG Murphy auctions. I've seen some great equipment from chop guns to mold tools to sprayers in the past month or so.

3. yipster

yipster designer

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.