Sun Fish

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by sunfish14slr, Sep 27, 2004.

1. sunfish14slr

sunfish14slr New Member

I am 14 & live in mia ive been sailing about 4 years. what is the more efficient boat to use for me a sunfish or a laser?​

2. cgorton

cgorton Junior Member

I think you'll have more fun in a Laser. They're faster and more responsive, and you probably would have more opportunities to race (other Lasers). A Laser 1 is a great, simple, fast, dependable boat.
    A Sunfish may be easier for you to carry on top of a car.
    Go to http://www.teamvanguard.com/boats/m/_general/home.asp and compare the two. You can find used boats in either model all over the place.

Craig

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Junior Member

....good suggestions above...you should also check out the recommended sailor weights for these boats.......for a laser you would best be at least 165 lbs or so to start,,otherwise lasers have a 'radial' rig for smaller sailors,,,,,,also check out 'Bytes'-they are a great mini-laser......and if you're into racing ,,it's relevant to see what boats are popular in your region--each has a website for more detailed questions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.