A Vertue?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Charly, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Charly

Charly Senior Member

This photo was taken in 1983 in Key Largo Fla.

I bought her for a song in 81. I was told she was a Giles design, built in England. Other than that, I know nothing of her history. She had a few peculiararities that don't seem to be normal to the Vertues ... an iron mast step that doubled as an air vent, with two mahogany plugs on top at each side that could be removed to fit a cowl, and an aluminum transom.She was 27-4' on deck as I recall.

Anyone know this boat? I sold her in 89. Last I heard, twenty years ago, she was down in Big Pine Key.

Attached Files:

2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

It doesn't look like a standard Vertue to me. The sheer looks wrong and definitely the Vertues had a transom, not a counter stern

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

4. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

And in that photo you can see the distinctive Giles trademark bow doubler which isn't in the OP's

All Giles designs were very similarly styled and I have to say the OP's boat doesn't look like a Giles. But of course I may be wrong! (I used to sail his 12m Flica 2)

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.