A useless formula (froude displacement formula)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Mik the stick, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Nor am I bothered about you, however I thank the (few) pms I have had congratulating me for taking on the high and mighty Par and knock him off his silly high holy than thou pedistal.

Stop talking with you nose in the air and talk to people with respect.

A reduction in the the utter fabricated nonsense you post about me and others would help too.

I have posted before my resume and I am qualified engineer being once employed by British aerospace in Warton England( Near Preston Number 4). My last was Transport manager for the American sealand company in Dubai and my apprenticeship was RR of wilsden green London. ( Crew is where they make them.) AMIMI, IRTE F Tech.

Do you have any qualifications Par, have you ever had an engineering education or just a chevy workshop manual.

I prefer to be a little bit jolly rather than tell everyone else how dumb they are compared to me, something Im sure you would do if you could

Show people some respect and you may get some back.

2. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Good teachers are capable of giving students enough for them to continue learning.

Do your best to give your explanation.

We can always ask questions and for you to specify textbook recommendations if your explanation is more advanced than our capability.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im sorry FMS im a terrible teacher -- never was one of my fortes.

Especially as you admit to not having that cabability. can I suggest a google search.

And in any case im not here to help you. Go to school.

4. Lister

Lister Previous Member

OK Frosty, you have very good qualifications. But I don't get what you said about PAR. He is the most gentle, patient and go to great length to explain and answer any question. What is wrong with that. To be nice is wrong?
    You really have a problem with people, probably your qualifications didn't much good to your own self, perhaps you had the Peter's syndrome and it frustrate you, I don't know.
    But I know you wrong about PAR, and the pms you received must be from some very low self delusional members.
    I never learn anything from you, but a lot from PAR.
    Sorry, I learn something from you: the time zone :p Thanks

5. Mik the stick

Mik the stick Senior Member

I am very well educated in a different discipline. At nearly 60 I'm not going to become a Naval architect. I managed to teach myself aircraft design (up to a point). I thought boat design would be easier but its not its just different. The trouble with teaching yourself is you have no one to ask, that's where this site comes in. When you teach yourself you only learn the bits you want to learn plus the bits you need to learn on the way. Mathematics may be my best skill, technical drawing is easily my worst subject but I'm working on it. One thing I have learned is there is no perfect boat/ship, and the biggest ship is not always the best in a storm.

6. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.