Should instal a toilet for a 7m(23ft) center console fishing boat ?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by hyboats, Sep 20, 2010.

1. hyboats

hyboats Junior Member

I asked many people those like fishing, someone said it should has toilet in console. Someone said no need that, stand on the gunnel do that.:D
    If there is no toilet the console will be smaller then the standing room will be larger. :confused:

2. srimes

srimes Senior Member

I would say no, but my wife would say yes.

3. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

There is foam rim that sits on a 5 gallon bucket. Then they sell garbage bags that fit around rim of bucket. At the end of performance you close the bag and throw it away.You will save countless hours cleaning toilet, replacing macerators or trying to find pump out..

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I think that for women in general it is a major benefit. You can always fit a portapotty which doesn't need plumbing.

5. wardd

wardd Senior Member

the uscg has an expression for men fished out of the water dead with their fly open

6. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

The Koreans are way ahead of you !

I worked i Korea to get a 26 foot center consoled Pleasure fishing boat ready for there 2009 boats show close to Seoul . The lady designer had the problem solved beautifully. The console had a water tight lockable lift up front door and was able to step down inside the area, there was a chemical toilet off to one side , a hand basin in the opposite corner , an area to hang coats plus it had recessed lighting and a removable panel to access all the wiring etc etc in the back if the instrument panel ,steering etc etc :eek::):D:p:p.

The console was big enough for 2 people to get behind in comfort and out of the wet during a run for home in bad weather .

Attached Files:

7. srimes

srimes Senior Member

What? No place to sleep? What about the galley?

8. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Yeah right !
    I laughed when i saw the size of the console and and called them Igloos I ended up making the first two out of the moulds . Two complete boats just got to the show but i had left before they went in the water. One boat was fitted with the Hyundai V6 diesel at 250 hp through a mer cruiser stern leg . This was a real go , smooth running economical and quiet with a good top speed .
    The second boat a Hyundai turbo 4 at 180 hp . Dont know if there are on the marine scene in the USA but are a nice range of motors specially the V6 !
    I was sent a video of the finished boat and although there were still some finishing details was a pretty acceptable boat for there first ever attempt !!
    Pleasure boats is absolutely a whole new thing for them !!:D

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

Is it so tunnels?

DonĀ“t they have a yacht industry in S. Korea?