A question for all of you and CDK in particular

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by dskira, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

500 cigars a month ? If they were Cubans you'd need to have a gold mine to finance the habit ! I recall that when JFK slapped trade bans on Cuba, he first sent aides out to buy up large stocks of Cuban cigars, before announcing the move. Maybe he was running out before Dallas.

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

It sure is an expensive hobby Mr. E., at least if you are willing to pay all sorts of taxes the government invents. Smoked my last Cuban yesterday, a far too heavily filled Romeo Y Juliette. They are very expensive, even straight from the factory, but the building also has a back door where you get the same product minus the tax label. You get 4 boxes for the price of one, five if you are a skilled negotiator.

I prefer Brazilians made in Holland, they are taxed with 22% VAT only. Cigarettes are expensive like gold there, but the government supports the Dutch cigar industry. And the Aldi supermarket sells wooden boxes with 50 Sumatra cigars for less than 10 Euro, here in Croatia you pay that for 5 pieces of inferior quality.