God Is Made Of Aluminum...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

God is made from aluminum or if ‘it’ speaks British - aluminium...

Think of it from a cost recovery base - the material is easy to fabricate - easy to form - comes in so many variations of mill specification, and shapes, and extrusions - everything...

MIG it or TIG it and you are done - so many ways of preparing the surface for a final finish - or just leave it and let it oxidize...

Limited tooling - no sales commitment to a plug or mold that limits you to size, displacement and fit out...

Anything not included in the build can be cut to the largest rectangle - be deleted from a current build - and re used in another - or hell - sold to employees - the remaining flashings can be sold for scrap at a premium...

**** - it is the ultimate 'ECO GREEN' - broo haha - and it really is - aside from its own inherent energy and mining cost of production - and ECO is money - these days...

PLASTIC IS FOR SPASTICS - plus - it just sucks...:)

Labour costs may be a little higher - SKILLED people - but what other people would you want - really - if you are SERIOUS about making money – not to mention making REAL boats...:)

GOD is made of aluminum or aluminium…

Yup…

SH.

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

well me bin preaching that Gospel for donkeys, same price tonne almost as it was 25 years ago, as Mark Knophler wrote"The Secrets in the trees" and you just need to know where to find those aluminium trees

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Why yes, Sean, yes I am.

4. Sean Herron

Yeah I Know...

Hello...

LAZY...

WOOD IS GOOD - STEEL IS REAL - PLASTIC IS FOR SPASTICS...

That is my own work...:)

I suppose the arguement of regeneration or reusability is the only strong point against FRP...

It does remain strong though - you have to agree - or not...:)

He was not only writing about their inherent dynamic but of why birds flock to a tree versus what we create - they choose - as do we - for personal reasons - he thus assigned them will - and nothing can survive without what we call will - which can be prefixed - human - crow - penguin...

Great reference...

Only my wife is allowed to treat me like a 4 year old retard in a chair - and she does a top notch job of it...:)

SH.

5. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

easy

god is made from wood,,,,if done right,,he'll never run outta "self made",,,,how long till aluminum runs out?
    hehe ;)

6. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Aluminum is infinite my son... just like the patience of God when mortals ask questions of this kind. ;-)

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i am beginning to develope great respect for your wife, once I left a deck cut out lying in the pine trees, over abt ten years it became covered in needles,, water, earth, , it was also near a pile of steel offcuts from my first build, cept the steel had surrendered, hors de combat, given up the good fight and totally disappeared back into the good earth, only flakes remaining, iron ships never did that
    i hauled out the ally piece, good as the day it was rolled out of that mill
    Now where was I , back in Port Vila, there is a Catalina, on the bottom, deep outta reach of tourists, but my mate, he got down there , it was totally pristine, cept for marine life
    Privet to your wife, poka to you, , that;ll keep you mulling things over
    Bauxite will never run out Mr I muchely much the stuff is piled up in mountains, here, Russia and lotsa places

1 person likes this.
  8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i dont have no respect fer my "ole lady",,,,,she wont leave!! hehe ;) ,,and ya know i was jus playing right?,,,i think god is made from money ;)

9. Sean Herron

Bull Puckie...

Hello...

Lazy - are you sitting on boxes of bauxite deposits in mountains in Russia - or army AK's and mafia LEVIS...

Regardless - how is that all going for you...

You sound like a very knowledgeable man...

I imagine you have been through all that Origami **** - so I will not even post a link...:)

Perhaps I could sell you a wife...:)

48 highway road years - kilometres even - retreaded every 3 weeks - Linda Carter exterior - little blue but no rust - good horn...

See http://youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ ...

Do you remember carving potatoes into letter shaped stamps - that was fun for me...

I made my name good - last count was 26 spuds - but I have Danish blood...:)

SH.

10. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

What i like about Ru, is that i can go to a town in Siberia, and no ******* cares what i do, no mail comes through my letter box When i fall on my *** on the ice, a babushka rushes up and tries to lift me up
    beautiful woman give me the time of day, cos unlike the woman here, they have no hangups, they don't think I'm a dirty ole man, still I found that all over Europe too, I once got into a first class carriage by mistake in Germany, there was a very pretty and so I found out as the journey progressed, super multilingual, intelligent, young lady in there, By and by(Mark Twain) the conductor comes along and tells me to go to my class:)), this young lady says"I'm going with you"
    She was all of 26, and thats what i like abt travel, you meet people , you listen and learn,
    men my age are invisable to woman here
    Mind you, I found US Americans friendly if somewhat insular in outlook, , come to think of it, how can you be insular and outlook at same time? But you get my drift
    I'd druther be sitting on a mountain of tungsten
    Quite a few of us really Appreciate your posts,in fact bhnautika and I are sometimes in fits, you shudda been in satire or something like that, a comedian setting up our intrepid leaders
    I am bored, starved of intelligent conversation All my friends are brilliant, and I feel a bit of a duffer, cos I can't get a handle on Russian
    I jus sit here all day trying get the design along with bh, river, coastal and canal boat.
    Whether I get back my mojo and hoe into the build or not, is yet to be seen
    Bidding on mo home in De right now, if I win, it's auvoir, boatdeign.net andWhooshhhhhhhh down to Turkey

11. Sean Herron

You Are A Red Meanie...

Hello...

You may even be a born Lever Puller - I am happy that you are happy to speak for yourself and for your friends - and I am happy that you feel the need to dictate...

Best of luck luck with that - LAZY...

Show us some of your work - your thoughts remain very potatoe...

Damned puss lubber Russian lover - OK - just reviewed your 'gallery' assuming it is your work - damned Russian pusslubber - nice work - bah...

Got any photos of the mechs or hydraulics on that keel - or was it fixed...

Rua is a beatiful language and alphabet - but if you are pitching about for American dollars and ideals - then you are you...

In-tripped leaders - and F'cked if I am going to do this on stage - (but I may) - It is all F'cked - It is F'cked due to greed - not due to China or other - simple excuse for our own arrogance and laziness - they will make good on our industrial revolution - they are fighting our foreign policy that shadows them like blacks from Africa - except this time it is not so out right - it is trade *** political - because WE KNOW if we set them loose - they will wipe us out...

The old Japanese imports - they could only sell us their cheapest **** per the peace treaties of WWII - but what is a Datsun 510 worth these days...

I grow weary and tired - I mean no offense to you - I hope you offer same...

SH.

12. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

that keel i did not build, If you read the script came with it, was built for Fitzroy yachts by a cuppla guys used to work for me, had a board inside it, 90 tonne
    Yeah I know I have become boring, but starched never
    All the rest is my work
    Did I mention *****, ?
    That was your idea, but seein' as we are there now, Russian woman are totally sans inhabition, lovers
    Why?
    tell you
    See, its like this
    Stalin
    he builds an apartment for all, but there are just one or maybe 2 rooms
    So the kids , they get used to the sounds in the night, there is no privacy
    Russians, they know abt love pain sufferin
    Now you take the Chinese, read?
    Get a book, Dragon and Bear, or send me your address I will post it
    Did you take a tipple today? You don't make so many typos for a tippler
    Oh and their spacecraft don't seem to blow up

13. Sean Herron

You Are Mad...

Hello...

I was still editing my last post - Christ - are you a 60 WPM whitie sent to Siberia to shovel Husky piss and snow...

Gah...

Get some shoes and slow down man...:)

I undertand and respect your MAC or GMC truck view of orbital exploration - I would rather have a few Roosies out there than other...

LUCY PINDER - peace...

SH.

14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

rode 50 km, on my bike today, gonna have swim now, drink a 6 pack, cook this which was sent out onna lear jet from Siberia Fish ah, so much waste, , guy skinnin the thing down on the beach was abt to throw awy the frame, so I scored, YUM
    tomorrow!!

Attached Files:

• fish.jpg
      fish.jpg
      File size:
      308.8 KB
      Views:

15. Sean Herron

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.