A New Boat Build Adventure

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by jiggerpro, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jiggerpro

jiggerpro Senior Member

Yes, with those uncertain times I would say it could be appropiately called an adventure, before someone says it, yes I have started the same thread in another forum but I believe people here could enjoy it more since this is a specific construction forum and where I placed it first is general boating community ...... enjoy or suffer ........

The intention is to build a scale model (1/5 scaled) to get familiar with the geometry and problems which will arise but in a smaller size and then we are conmitted to build it real size which will be 10 meters LOA

Its future is to have a couple of 5 HP gas model engines and some beautiful RC modelling hardware, hoping that it will when finished run at speeds close to 30-35 knots.

Those are some pictures of how our build is going and a rendering of the projected vessel ......

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Looks like a fun project . A 2 meter, 10hp, remote control speed boat...

Perhaps get a Sponser....Cruzcampo...then use it as remote controlled beach advertising platform, towing sponsors miniature airborne LoGo's !!!!!!!!!!

Or...build hundreds...thousands of them... then set them off in dense swarms ...like angry Killer bee's , from the Moroccan Coast loaded with Chocolate cargo, across the Straits...out smart the Guardia Civil !

How much does the hull weigh ?

3. jiggerpro

jiggerpro Senior Member

we have not made the hull yet, those are plugs for mold making but believe that the 2 m complete hull ready to run might be in the vecinity of 14 kg.

Good idea that one about the cargo ...........