A new 85 cat concept

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tz3dcom, Dec 30, 2010.

1. tz3dcom

tz3dcom 3D

Dear all ,Happy new year !

I am a designer and new one here.Recently I took my free time to try to design a new 85 cat concept in 3d software . I would like to post here for review ,any comment are welcome and helpful .

Attached are the two angle view renderings .for more renderings pls visit http://www.coroflot.com/leowu

Thanks for review.

Attached Files:

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Very good-looking. :)
    Is it your design or did you just perform the rendering part of the job?

3. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Very nice renderings and design, but why strange location of drives?

4. tz3dcom

tz3dcom 3D

Thank you daiquiri ,design ,modeling,rendering all by me .but some design element reference from Gunboat 90 .

5. daiquiri

This is probably the first time I see an aesthetically very pleasing design coming from China, Leo. I'm not kidding. No offence intended, but I generally see very few examples of fine modern visual creativity coming from your nationals. Maybe it is simply a matter of different definitions of beauty in the different parts of the world, or maybe chinese designers are simply not well-known in this part of the world - who knows.
    However, you seem to have a more "western-type" eye, and I really like this design. May I ask where did you study industrial design (if you did, of course)?

6. daiquiri

Engine room accessibility and weight concentration in the midship area?

7. Alik

Alik Senior Member

In this case, it would be waste of best area for engine room. Common solution is to have engine at stern, having good access through deck hatch.

8. daiquiri

Right, now that I look better I can also see some large windows where the engine room appears to be. That's an incongruence, imho.

9. Alik

Alik Senior Member

That's why I believe they have done only those renderings, without any engineering or even GA...

10. tz3dcom

tz3dcom 3D

Originally Posted by daiquiri

This is probably the first time I see an aesthetically very pleasing design coming from China, Leo. I'm not kidding. No offence intended, but I generally see very few examples of fine modern visual creativity coming from your nationals. Maybe it is

simply a matter of different definitions of beauty in the different parts of the world, or maybe chinese designers are simply not well-known in this part of the world - who knows.
    However, you seem to have a more "western-type" eye, and I really like this design. May I ask where did you study industrial design (if you did, of course)?

Hi Daiquiri,

Thank you again for your too much praise . I just a ordinary designer in the field and and still lack of experience and knowledge . In China never had yacht design Major , I touch this field just by accident before many years. and so lucky to met
    some well-known yacht designer and boss who gone me job offer and work directions . So I think I learn the design almost from long-term much work . I am very thankful for them. I think almost designer are interested in concept design
    whether come from where and whether background . We can do it if have time and skill . I do not think so I have more "western-type" eye, perhaps my 3d skill and experience can be promote my eye.

11. yipster

yipster designer

12. tz3dcom

tz3dcom 3D

I just take the drives model from another boat , maybe it is a advanced engine system . I am not sure if it can be lift up for shallow water navigable for a cat. does anyone know if where have a type drives with Lifting up propeller and available for big size cat ?

13. Alik

Alik Senior Member

OK, understood - You are rendering artist, not boat designer :p

14. tz3dcom

tz3dcom 3D

as I know some big cat have big engine room in mid of hull , and some mid size cat have sailing boat type engine at stern .

15. daiquiri

Hey Alik, don't be too harsh... This is clearly just a design (intended as styling), not a design (intended as engineering). ;)

On the other hand Leo Wu said it from the beginning that this is just a styling and a rendering job.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.