A Manure Boat

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by WickedGood, Dec 2, 2010.

1. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Here is the Project idea.

I need to build a all purpose small boat to fit on a brand new 18 ft Alum bunk trailer that I have.

Currently Im useing a small 8 x12 ft Galv 2,500 pound utility trailer for hauling manure, firewood, compost, ATV, building material etc. and dont need and can not afford the two trailers.

So the 8 x12 ft Galv 2,500 pound utility trailer in up for sale

and I am thinking of building a small flat bottom or faily flat bottom Plywood work skiff

8 ft wide and 20 ft long.

power will be a 25 HP merc 2 stroke outboard

purpose. Haul Manure, Compost, Firewood, drive ATVs on for transport to islands, haul Deer/Moose. Sea Duck Hunting.

Something all purpose and easy to clean out with a pichfork and presssure washer.

keep in mind that it should be as light as possible and needs to be strong to hold the manure and people standing in it while on the trailer as well as in the water.

I want to be able to get all the material at Home Depot and keep the cost down under $500

Any of you designers want to take a crack at it?

This may be your opportunity to become a Plank Owner of one of the Most Notorious Vessels ever to sail the seven seas.

Just imagine if Magellon, Ciolumbus, Herreshoff or Pogo had the chance to get there name burned into the keel. They would have jummped on it.

Capt Walt

I found a couple of signs that may be relevant to post on the boat

[​IMG]

2. bean surchwell

bean surchwell Junior Member

wickedgood, i am supporting an idea of a similar design but different purpose.
    8'x20' all plywood and 2x4's house boat style
    in hopes of doing the great loop from new york to great lakes down to new orleans

1000$ to build as rough as possible but all the ammenities are extra

5200 marine addheasive is the key

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

And keep the manure off the aluminum. It will eat it up! Constellation parked at Sebring Airport was used to haul cattle between US and Argentina now has no floor.

Similar to this.:

Attached Files:

4. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

There are a couple old Constellations parked up at an airport in Maine. just sitting and melting away.

I was thinking of using just regualr old PT Plywood for the economy of this project and its a renueable resource.
    ( Would I then be able to actually say that I made a P.T. Boat in my yard?)

Did not plan on making a commercial enterprize out of the Manure Boat industry as I think it may be a rather limited market.

However,....

Of course with the right type of Marketing just about anything can be sold.

[​IMG]