Designer or Architect?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Yachts CF, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Yachts CF

Yachts CF New Member

Hello, I have a question about what I should study. I am currently a High School Senior from Miami. I was going to go to the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale to study Yacht and Marine Design, but unfortunately it is too expensive and they only offered a BA. degree and my aspirations are higher. Instead I applied at FIU's Architecture school. I would like to design megayachts for european yards and cruise ships but I don't know if I am in the right path. Naval Architecture isn't for me since I want to design, like what Tim Heywood does. I am creative and very innovative, I've been designing since I was a kid. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.