T Foils on Cats

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by grob, Sep 16, 2006.

1. grob

grob www.windknife.com

There is a very interesting thread over on catsailor.com about T foils on beachcats (http://www.catsailor.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=85473&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1), I am going to quote the latest post as it is from a credible source, and sums up the T foil debate rather well.

Gareth
    www.fourhulls.com

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Thanks for the post! I read the thread and it seems that a number of people are against it, just to be against it. I for one would try it. The good far out weighs the bad. I'll take a little drag if it holds me down.

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

t-foils

Thanks, Gareth! Interesting tidbit about the windward t-foil adding a bit of righting moment in a gust.

4. yipster

yipster designer

i've been reading good things about them on other sites also

5. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

t-foils

Yipster, I'd sure like to know which other sites;
    I'd appreciate the url's when you get time.

6. yipster

yipster designer

haha, just searched for them before i posted but couldnt find them back easy so just said i noticed the same trend.
    incat does use a T foil for stability lately i recall but can not even find that one back

7. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Haha! Thats cool. I was wondering too, I searched and only came up with a few so I was waiting for you :)
    Not a whole lot on the subject.

8. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Mediatis Region Aquitaine

Parlier's 60' cat uses t-foils for pitch control on his stepped planing hulls.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.