jet-drive configuration

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by james.c.a., Jun 13, 2008.

1. james.c.a.

james.c.a. Junior Member

does anyone here know of a jet-pump manufacturer i could contact that would be able to design a specialized :confused: one for me?

2. Toplana

Toplana Junior Member

I have some exeperience with RR Kamewa. They have many waterjet models and they can make an adjustments of every existing model so they can match your particular project. What kind of vessel we talk? Loa, Boa, Disp., Speed?

3. james.c.a.

james.c.a. Junior Member

I'm looking for quite a small unit. its a small hobby of mine, converting an old 4hp outboard into an inboard jet drive on a 2.5m valiant rib. I know a standard pump from a jet-ski would do the job as they can provide better overall efficiencies than conventional propellers, although i was wondering how a properly selected drive would differ on a vastly lower power unit? Not sure what the displacement is, however on this size craft I think its slightly dependant on the operator (120kg?).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.