Volvo Penta Info

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by mapleleaf, Jul 8, 2008.

1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf New Member

I just picked up a 1988 Sportcraft Offshore 222 with a VP carbed 305 and an SP drive. I'm trying to figure out which model drive and motor I have but am not having any luck with the numbers shown on the motor and outdrive. The drive has SP logos on it but not a particular model and the motor has an engine cover with 500E written on it, but again no specific model(GX,GL, etc.) I lost a prop on the weekend and need to figure out what to replace it with. I believe it had a 16/16 standard prop on it, but I'm not sure. I picked up a 15/17 from a friend and am going to try that out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to VP set ups. The numbers on the engine cover are: 500E P/S 4100143460 B68495
    Drive: 104114011

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.