50’mub hull weight

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Gold777, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Gold777

Gold777 New Member

Aloha kapnD,
    Sorry for being off subject.
    I recently picked up a 93 50’mub hull like yours. Came across a pic of yours while searching Info and realized you were in Haleiwa.
    The hull is gutted down to deck ribs, no motor or any other components. I Will be transporting soon from sand island to my place in Haleiwa. Was hoping you might be able to help me out With a ballpark weight estimate of hull in the gutted condition? I was estimating somewhere in the 8k range but was hoping you might be able to confirm from your experience with yours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much alohas

2. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Apologies to the forum!
    Gold, tried to PM you my phone, can’t figure out how!
    The complete boat in original configuration is about 20,000#.
    Subtract whatever isn’t on the boat now, but allow a generous margin, as there are lots of closed compartments that could be waterlogged.
    I’m fishing Thursday, come down to the boat in the afternoon, I’ll share whatever I can!

3. Gold777

Gold777 New Member

Yes apologies to the forum! I was having the Same problem.
    Thank you kapnD
    I’ll try and stop by Thursday.
    Alohas

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.