70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. slick man

slick man New Member

How do I get a hold of him?

2. slick man

slick man New Member

Slickcraft enthusiast

I just started a facebook page, come and post pics and updates about your slick
    for all of us to veiw!

Slickcraft on Facebook
    Holland ,Mi

Thanks

3. JimB27W

JimB27W New Member

Slickcraft 240 SL

I have a 1978 Slickcraft 240SL with twin 350 chevy engines and 3 rebuilt OMC outdrives. 520 HP. Boat moves! I live in Bristol, IL. I need to restore a bunch of stuff because the boat took on some water last year. It is in very good condition for its age. Original seats, interior, bimini etc.

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

What do you want to know?

5. JimB27W

JimB27W New Member

My 240XL

Actually the boat sank in Seneca last summer. I took it to a shop in Joliet who specialize in OMC equipment. They "pickled" the motors, then got both running for a few minutes each. Boat has been drying out in my yard since. I plan to restore it completely if the motors run again when I check them in April. I really hope so. If not, I may decide to part with the boat. Sell it in tact at a very low price, or worse case for parts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.