70 hp Johnson gearbox

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by squalus, Mar 10, 2013.

1. squalus

squalus Junior Member

Sounds top,pity i am south Africa,it would have come in handy,need a few things...

2. squalus

squalus Junior Member

Just thinking out loud here its probably best to do buoyancy test first before spraying the boat....?

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Classic illustration of why a workshop manual is a must. ;)

4. phillnjack

phillnjack Junior Member

Make sure you dont put any grease on the very top flat of the driveshaft spline.
    just put it along the 2 inches of spline, it can get an hydraluic lock and be a pain to get off in the futre.

5. squalus

squalus Junior Member

Hi guys,got a question...i spoke to well experienced boat tech,he recons my 18 ft robcraft powered by 2x70 hp Johnson motors need boat stabelisers..too power the boat beter and not so rocky...the boats got more nose than ***...

6. boatbuilder41

boatbuilder41 Senior Member

With two seventies ,and proped out correctly........you got plenty of ***......that thing should fly. And you wont know much difference, if any ,when you get a load on board. My guess on the props would be 13 3/4 x20 , or maybe 13 3/4 x21. You could wave at the v6's as you fly by. I hope everything works out for you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.