Help, Quick

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by oddball, Nov 25, 2003.

1. oddball

oddball Junior Member

2. yipster

yipster designer

oddball
    ok, first quick aid. you said "i am very new to boating" while the add reads " This boat would make a good project for a knowledgable person".
    nice looking boat for a whistle, sure i understand. needs new engines, some work etc.
    if you have the money to cover the project, a free big backyard, transport, crane, are a woodworker with experience and planty of time and teak to begin with, have help, know some engines that fit, well it might be a project. but dont underestimate it.
    hope to have been of help
    yipster

3. oddball

oddball Junior Member

thnx yip, thats the anser i was looking for, what i understand so far is that with a sound hull anything is possible...along with any amount of money:( .
    BTW I am new to boats..not to rehabs;) you have not lived until you have rehabed a turn of the century 3 story walk up building with plumbing and wireing older than you and your parents combined:D

4. yipster

yipster designer

i should have said start with a much smaller one if you really want a taste of boating this way. or look at building one new from a drawing. planty of designs, plans and advice around!

5. oddball

oddball Junior Member

My test boat is a small 15 foot sail boat called the pilgram590 free plans i got from here, as for the big boat its a robert bruce EURO 12M I was going to buy the complete set of plans, but after doing some more looking maybe used would be the better route...cant beat a 57' Chris-Craft Constellation for $25000:D , but nothing is set in concrete right now.
    thnx again for your input

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.