Jet pump

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by dick stave, Mar 11, 2008.

1. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I am looking for a jet pump to match an engine 130 H.P. /120 Ft. - lbs. torque at 6000 rpm w.o.t. The boat it will go in will be 1300 lbs. maximum laden weight. Estimating the pump weight at approx. 100 lbs. this should net 10 h.p. per 100 pounds.

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Junior Member

With that small of HP you probaly need to go with an American Turbine AT-309, SD-309. They have a large variety of impellers to match about any engine, good customer service and lots of parts available.
    http://americanturbine.com/

3. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

Thanks for your reply. I checked into the At- 309 pumps And their impeller chart starts at 150 h.p.The fellow I talked to recommended a "c" cut impeller , but, cautioned me that 130 h.p. was on the low side. There doesn't seem to be any modern pumps designed to work with lower horsepower ,more fuel efficient engines, eg. Nissan,Toyota,Honda marinized four cylinders in the 100 - 150h.p. range. That's a shame considering gas is forecasted to reach $1.50/litre in my neck of the woods this summer. The G.M. Ecotec is probably going to to work quite well at 170 h.p. and 270 lbs when it is released but a little competition from the imports wouldn't be a bad thing.

4. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Junior Member

Well the only other one I could think of would be the Scott jet.
    It is another NZ company and they now have two distributor on this side of the world.
    Prince George Yamaha http://www.princegeorgeyamaha.com/jet_boat_pumps.htm
    and Schlagel Marine in Idaho http://www.schlagelmarine.com/SDMJet.html
    They show there HP range down to 100hp.

I here they are pricey, but suppose to be high quality units.

I would love to get one of their trim units for my Hamilton 212.

5. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

Thanks again for your reply. I was quoted $7279.00 for the Scott 751 pump. Nice units, but, I can't justify the cost When I can buy an Opti 200 Sportjet for $8350.00. I'll build it light and try to stay out of the throttle. I hate outboards and 2 strokes. Still waitng for Ecotec.

6. speedboats

speedboats Senior Member

Marine Power and Kodiak both do smaller jet pumps that will suit. Probable get away with the single stage pump. Both manufacturers have copied the Hamilton Jet 770 series pumps.

The Scott pumps are very good, but as stated they do love them. The trim is awesome, once you have used it you'll never go back. Scott does do a trim nozzle kit for the Hamilton 212 pump, we were using it on our boats in NC for a while. They also do one for the Kodiak / Marine Power pumps also.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.