69 pachanga

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by skippers_1, Mar 13, 2008.

1. skippers_1

skippers_1 New Member

Hello,
    I am new to the forum and also boating , I purchased a ( I think) 69 Pachanga it doesnt have the original motor in it ,
    I cant find the HIN # either, its not on the transom.
    Some project! It came with a ford 460 setting in it, not running, needs complete restoration in and out.
    where do I find parts, Like the risers that go between the manifolds and rubber exhaust pipe . How are the engines mounted to the boat , I see the mounts, I think, but there are no bolts holding it down, not even sure if there are threads for the bolts to screw into.
    Would I be better off to buy a good used mercruiser, if so what is involved in hooking it up to the jet drive.
    Any help is greatly appreciated,Rich

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That is a fairly common engine. It should be no problem to find parts for it. Check with your local supplier. If they can't help you, let me know and I can get all the parts you need.

3. MLmarinetech

MLmarinetech New Member

Dear Friends,
    I intend to combine Yamaha ME 730 WTIM ( 280HP) with Hamilton Water Jet HJ 241 0r HJ 274. Please advice me if such combination got any problem. My boat is about 6.5m LOA and 2.2 BEAM

4. jim lee

jim lee Senior Member

5. MLmarinetech

MLmarinetech New Member

Please help us any examples of Yamaha diesel Engine and Jet drive
    Thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.