6.5 gm diesel

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by blink2u, Apr 9, 2010.

1. blink2u

blink2u Junior Member

Hi all,I am refitting a 26' farralon sport fisher,was powered with a small block chev(which is dead),volvo 280 leg.Is there any thoughts about installing a 6.5 gm turbo diesel,hp,rpm etc.I see some for sale online,running marine injectors etc?Any ideas on the performance and fuel consumpton?Thanks Bill

2. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

I have been running one for ten years. Good pleasure boat engine.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

They are a basic, medium performance engine. Parts are readily available and if you don't run it at top RPM all the time the durability is good.

4. blink2u

blink2u Junior Member

6.5 in boat

can you tell me the details of your boat,is the 6.5 in front of a leg,is the boat a planning hall or a displacement hull?your input is appreciated

5. Carteret

Carteret Senior Member

Good Morning,

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will answer any question that I can.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.