1992 3.3 evinrude performance?

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by valvebounce, Mar 10, 2013.

1. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

I have recently refurbed a 1992 3.3 evinrude.It runs really well in the test tub,and is very quiet.
    I have a 3metre round tail inflatable with a detachable transom.The deck is inflatable,but I have inserted a 2 piece 10mm deck for more rigidity and comfort.
    I have not had it on the water as of yet,but was wondering what kind of performance I might expect from it.The keel is more or less flat.
    I intend to use it in sheltered bays and in shallow inlet which has a 7 knot rip when the tide changes.
    Would I have enough power to handle the rip?
    Kayaks seem to handle it ok,but I came up with this scheme because I'm a bit too dated for a kayak these days.There are some nice Bass,which is very tempting.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

If the "rip" is 7 knots, I'd say you'd be doing at least 2 knots, backwards !

3. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

Whoops,I'd better stay out of the tidal flow then.
    The area is referred to as the"Inland sea"on the isle of Anglsea north wales uk
    It fills up from both ends when the tide comes in,and exits the same way.
    The 7 knot rip only occurs about 1hr either side.
    It drains through a narrow chanal in mud flats at one end,and back into the sea.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.