505 hull in Freeship

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by SteveMellet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. SteveMellet

SteveMellet Senior Member

Anyone have a 505 hull model in Freeship ? I`ve taken ownership of a beat up old 505 and want to turn it into something that floats again, and would like to do some sketching as to what the possibilities might be.

2. wooden505

wooden505 New Member

Hopefully the hull is not so much beaten that you need to reshape the hull with software support ;-)

You can do some easy fairing by thin wood pieces at nearly any part of the 505 hull. Only the S curve parts are more difficult, but not so much relevant in terms of measurement.

Just post a picture of the damage, maybe a quick sufficient advice is possible.

Andreas

3. nosweat

nosweat New Member

I can help you with a hull model of the 505 in Freeship. Let me know how I can contact you.

The model I have is based on the original hull offsets and will be slightly different from your boat.

It is however a good point to start planning the construction of a new 505. Maybe wooden 505 can give a short description of how he went about planning and constructing the 505 he is busy with?

Regards,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.