5 part nesting pirogue, video of trial run

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Tony Eaton, Dec 1, 2011.

1. portacruise

portacruise Senior Member

Tony:

I also do a lot of 2 way trips as you describe, but in craft that cannot be paddled long distances. See Boat design- SOR for myself (11-20-11) post #19-23. Another way upstream over rapids is to "sail" the boat upstream without passenger weight through the fast rapids by using a tow rope and walking the shore line.
    Your pirogue is a lot like a sculling shell which can be pushed with very little energy, and that is also a lot of fun. Seems like it would be hard to do in thin water creeks with limited visibility and at high speed without hitting something.
    I don't run into thorns much in my travels while on water. Sometimes I do get punctures in going from parking lot to distant launch point on brushy trails, if transporting in the inflated state. Better for the boat to get punctures, than me where duct tape won't work. :)

P.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I really like this boat. I may use this idea instead of the one I was planning. Still thinking about it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.