5.6 meter Plate alloy home design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by aussieav8r, Feb 14, 2009.

1. aussieav8r

aussieav8r Junior Member

New Pictures Bimini added

Well here's some more shots of the Boat taken with the bimini added , its a nice touch and was very easy to install, This is an off the shelf item Made here in Australia by Ocean South , the price was very reasonable at a little over $200.00 and all the fittings are great, one advantage is they also make a set of rod holders to go on the frame that can be added to later .

I am going off for another fishing trip tommorrow and Saturday
    Please enjoy the pictures and add comments I wont mind either way

My Dad is all excited in getting his new boat and will take delivery after Easter when the holiday prices for the ferry to Tasmania tend to be a bit nicer to the wallett as a pensioner retiree its always about the money you just gotta laugh
    I had an email today an enquiry from China to build a 40 meter ship so keep an eye out that could be the next project

Cheers Tommy

Attached Files:

2. aussieav8r

aussieav8r Junior Member

All up weight measured

Well after finally tweeking and fiddling I ran the boat over my mates weighbridge and thisis how it worked out
    840KG on the trailer with full fuel and gear

Worked out the trailer is 185KG
    Fuel is 90 KG
    Gear and tackle another 20kg

this gave a total weight of boat and engine 545 KG
    I am very happy with the outcome although the anchor winch is not fitted yet I guess perhaps another 20KG for that
    All up the boat runs great averages 23knots thats smack in the middle of where I predicted with the 50HP honda , should see my dad very happy as being retired its always the dollar factor,
    one thing I must say is that the Honda is so economical its incredible, I have had more that 10 outings and onlyused around $30.00 fuel
    I am planning to build another boat another meter longer and about 150mm wider in the beam.
    My Dads over to pick up his boat and will be taking it back home to Tasmania with him so I will need to build another for myself, it all worked out so well and I think I could do it even quicker next time around, without the 40 degree C summer days welding
    + I forgot how much fun local fishing can be

Cheers Tommy

3. Kreso

Kreso Senior Naval Architect

Disp. draft

Very nice job Tommy !
    I like it very much, thanks for everything you gave us in your post.
    You said your boat goes average 23 knots, I assume with 85% max HP ?!
    Could you tell me what displacement boat had on sea trial (while its speed was 23kn) and its draft.
    Boat................455 kg
    Honda BF50.........90kg
    Fuel...................90kg
    Gear and tackle....20kg
    Persons...............?
    Supplies..............?

Thanks

Kreso

4. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

What a fine project!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.