100hp Mariner Trim Motor

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by Deig, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Deig

Deig New Member

I am having issues with my trim motor. When I give it a bit of throttle the trim motor trims itself all the way down. I am new to boating and have been told to run the boat it its optimum i should trim the motor up when giving it gas so the boat rides flat. At the moment as soon as i give it gas the trim goes all the way down and the nose of the boat rises way up. Any suggestions from anyone?

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You mean the nose goes all the way down?

Your trim motor is electrohydraulic, meaning an electric motor pushes oil into a ram that lifts your engine. When you give it gas it tries to push back the oil into the ram --If it can there is something wrong either no oil or the return valve is failing.

Checkl oil first thing,---get the manual out.

3. Deig

Deig New Member

I have recently installed a new trim motor, drain the old out of the trim assemly and put new oil in. The engine is trimming fine when at slow speed though as soon I try a little faster it wont move. If i have it trimmed up a little then try accelerate it trims itself down. i will check the oil again tonight and test the level.

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Are you saying the old pump had the same problem and you replaced it and its still the same

5. Deig

Deig New Member

No the old trim motor had water in it and did not work at all. We tested the trim with the new motor serveral times and it worked perfectly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.