1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

26 ft panga hull only good for outboards or diesel power

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by saltfisher, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltfisher

saltfisher Previous Member

26 ft panga hull only good for outboards or diesel power $ 65,000.00 firm please dont waste my time or yours.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there's a point you'd like to make, possibly a question? There are lots of boats only intended for outboard power, so what's the problem with this?

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Impressive salesmanship, this !

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Its a shame. Outboard or inboard only.

Ive been looking to get my hands on a 26ft panga suitable for a steam driven paddle wheel.

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I'm sure PAR would be happy to sell you a modified sailing plan for it.

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I think he's trying to put it up for sale....

7. PAR

Who knows, but I found this first post, arrogant to say the least. Any boat, can have any drive, given some thought and modifications. Of course, some shapes do limit some alternative propulsion setups, but this isn't a short coming per say, just that the designer addressed the most common arrangements and hasn't yet been paid to arrange a different one. And no, I couldn't be convinced to pen up a sail rig for a Panga. No more then a jet drive for a Catalina 22.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Looks to me like he left out a comma. I think he was saying he has just a hull for sale ('hull only'), and he believes that either an outboard or a diesel (inboard) could be used on it.

'Please don't waste my time or yours' doesn't sound very diplomatic, but I assume he was trying to emphasize that his price isn't negotiable. Of course it isn't very realistic either in my opinion, unless he misplaced a decimal point....:)

9. PAR

Okay, I'll buy that explanation and agree, he's kidding himself about that price. I can get a nearly new Panga for 26k, fully equipped, so maybe he does have a comma phobia.

10. saltfisher

saltfisher Previous Member

**** you all

this is for all you **** heads that are very literate, **** you all

11. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Saltfisher, I'm very sorry that your original post didn't come across to other members as you intended, but this type of comment and profanity directed towards others is unacceptable for the forum here. Sorry that it didn't work out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.