4.60 sailing skiff please coments

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Ferman, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Ferman

Ferman Junior Member

i designes this 4.60 meters sailing skiff but i am new in the boat design so i would like for experts to coment please.

cheers

Attached Files:

2. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

I am not an expert on skiff design,but I do sail at a club where skiffs are present.Without some knowledge of the size of the rig the boat is intended to have,it is a little difficult to draw firm conclusions.My initial thought is that the boat seems to have quite a lot of wetted area but has a shape that ought to generate a good deal of lift at planing speeds.What would the typical weather conditions be like at the venue the boat is likely to sail at?

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

============
    I saw the plan in the other thread and it looks interesting. But you need to show some numbers-see PI's numbers in the other thread-they are the most critical for analyzing and comparing skiff performance.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.