And the Cat comes out of the bag...

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by xarax, Jul 5, 2009.

1. xarax

xarax Previous Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. xarax

xarax Previous Member

BMW Oracle committed suicide by challenging Swiss Alinghi on a multihull...
    It seems that Switzerland can produce other things beside the cuckoo clock...:)

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I can only imagine what any locals who hadn't been following the AC campaign would be thinking....

"Honey, do you hear that?"
    "I think it's a helicopter, but it sounds awfully big"
    (go outside)
    "What the !@#$ is that thing??!!"

4. twrch

twrch New Member

It seems that Switzerland can produce other things beside the cuckoo clock...

The terrible Cuckoo clock is German! Not swiss. ;)

5. xarax

xarax Previous Member

"In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

I´m not proud about that (we made a few better inventions), but twrch (the "ch" stands for Suisse, I guess) is right, the darn Cuckoo clock is from the Blackwood forest Germany.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.