3D Cad Models

Discussion in 'Software' started by tallen, Oct 16, 2007.

1. tallen

tallen Junior Member

Does anyone know of a place to get good marine related 3D Models for use in outfitting my vessel designs? I am looking for a place that is free or low cost and that has models I can import into Rhino. I saw that boatdesign.net has started up a section for this but I need more parts then what are available there. Also, If anyone has their own personal libraries that wouldnt mind sharing with me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

tallen What kind of models are you after.

3. tallen

tallen Junior Member

marine electronics, marine hardware, cleats, bollards, anchors, engines, nav light enclosures, spot lights, outdoor furniture, interior furniture (need lots of that), and other miscellaneous things you would normally find on a superyacht or comercial vessel.

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

tallen interior and out door furniture you might find on some architecture sites. SurperYacht or commercial vessels tend to have a lot of custom designed parts, which will make it hard to find something’s. There are some more cad blocks in my personal gallery which seem to have slipped out of the cad forum (cleats stanchions etc) still may not suit your purpose as they are more for the smaller boats (some could be scaled up). I do have some lights but again they are for small boats. I will post them anyway in the cad forum.

5. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

We have something like this gradually growing right here on BDnet, I see you've already noticed its presence. For reference the link is
    http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3054
    Unfortunately there are no really good comprehensive free databases published online, at least none that are easily found. Some manufacturers offer CAD drawings or models of their own products if you ask them, though. Perhaps boatdesign.net's will take on that role in time.

6. tallen

tallen Junior Member

bhnautika, thanks for the upload. I should be able to scale up those side lights and stern light.

Do you or anyone else have any helm nav equipment consoles, antennas, wave runners, light fixtures, potted plants, tables, etc....

7. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

tallen I had a look thru some old files and found some of the things you might be after, they are very generic, basic models to help keep the file sizes down. By the term wave runner do you mean PWC / jetski as again I have a very basic 3D model. What sort of light fixtures are you after?

8. tallen

tallen Junior Member

That is what i mean by wave runner. As for the fixtures I am looking for everything from some lamps, to fluorescent lights, to chandeliers.

9. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

tallen I have posted the PWC in the cad block forum. I getting together some of the other things you may be interested in.

10. tallen

tallen Junior Member

bhnautika, thanks for the upload that should definitely help.

11. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

tellan while searching thru some old files I found this

Attached Files:

12. Wdgrant

Wdgrant Junior Member

people and out boards

Does any one know were I can find 3d files of people, and outboards. I have check the engine companies sites and can't find any

13. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Wdgrant a number of people have posted both people and outboards in some of the forums you will have to look around to find them, as they are not in the CAD block forum.

14. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

15. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.