38 foot trimaran Id

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by markstrimaran, Jul 27, 2018.

1. markstrimaran

markstrimaran Senior Member

2. markstrimaran

Anybody know any thing about this boat. Its supposed self built by a "mc Donald" in 1982.

Foam cored

3. markstrimaran

It's a center cockpit, aft cabin.
    23 hp Volvo diesel.

Any ideas on fair market value?

4. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

I can't tell much from that front view, but it looks typical of the tris designed before the mid 70's. I don't think any Crowther's look like that. I sort of watch the market here in the USA for tri's under 40 feet, and I would expect that sort of one with glass hulls to actually sell around 20K unless it is in poor condition(-) or really well fitted out (+). Condition is everything at that age. Decent multi's seem to sell for more on the west coast than the east. A really! desirable 36 just sold for 22k on the mid east coast. There just isn't much demand or acceptance for smaller multi's that don't fold.
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.