Spirit of Tradition Powerboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mariasimpson, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mariasimpson

mariasimpson Junior Member

[​IMG]

Here's the latest from the Rockport Marine design office--we would love to know what you think!

Read more about it here.

2. bernd1972

bernd1972 Holzwurm

To be honest I like the profile and proportions of your design but I also feel the need to critizise the insufficient wind and weather protection of the helm station. The proportions would not suffer if you extend the deckhouse further to the aft to offer at least some wind protection from the sides and the windscreen with the helmstation roof looks like the side windows could extend a little further to the aft as well.
    Besides that I´d prefer my covered aft cockpit over a big tender any time. But that´s just me.

By the way, the boat shown in the foto is a new one as well, 2 years old.

Attached Files:

3. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

If there is no interior helm station for use on inclement days I would have to agree with the first reply.I looked at the link in the first post and there are some outstanding boats shown there as well as one or two that verge on caricature.The concept of a Spirit of Tradition powerboat is worth exploring,maybe we should keep in mind that fashions pass and style endures.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.