30 foot mcgruber 2012 survival sailboat

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by d lester, Oct 9, 2010.

1. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

Modern surf rescue boats are pretty amazing, but kind of expensive. In the '60s I spent quite a bit of time in the USCG working a 44 foot Motor Life Boat (MLB) and learned that they are by design quick in recovery, which makes them very uncomfortable at times. The massive construction of steel, or now aluminum, makes them difficult to break if you find your boat upside down in the surf asking yourself "Why am I here", but any structure has its' limits and the sea always wins in the end.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

I was referring to the 25 meter and upwards DGzRS boats in Germany. They are built in Al. and stand everything the North Sea (one of the roughest corners of the world) has to throw at them. But of course even these boats can be destroyed, just now we donĀ“t know how. fortunately......

3. wmonastra

wmonastra Junior Member

Man are you a muppet or what, do you know what your saying half the time??? I doubt it!!!! Just because i happen to mention the Etaps in this post does not mean i would ever own one, or rate them?? All i mentioned was that they are sold as "unsinkable " yachts!!!. Did i say that i would go and buy one???? NO i didnt!!!!

You have your head so far up your arse that you have to judge and critisize anything or anyones comments that you dont happen to agree with! GET A LIFE!!!

And please tell me just because i happen to ask (or enquire) about your lifeboats and how they differ to ours how does that give you the right to judge my seamanship or "expertise"..... It doesnt at all!!!!
    For the record most of our coast guardboats are open ribs and they do get wet and so do the folks in them. Maybe you should learn about a country and the like before you judge them and they way they do things.

Just because you work with powerboats doesnt give me the right to judge you and the way you do things....or your expertise......so i dont!!!!! It be nice if you had the same respect for others and maybe found out abit more about them before your attack and question there way of doing things!!!! Besides as i said in my last email.....im not wasting my time with idiots who show NO respect like you...and i let my sailing do the talking.

In future id learn more about someone before id judge them. ( and heres me thinking i could learn from you, well i guess that was a f#@ked up idea wasnt it )

4. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

I'm disturbed by how much the interior that Etap 22 looks nothing like the McGregor 22 I spent all day hunched into replacing the overheads :(