new (Super)Yachts website online: Jongert Shipyard

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by digizaal, Jan 20, 2010.

1. digizaal

digizaal Junior Member

This week, as a Boot-Dusseldorf exclusive, Jongert Shipyard released their new internet-website.
    It offers a yacht-database where recent deliveries, new designs etc. is showcased, definitely worth to check out these massive yachts.

website link: www.jongert.com.

I was hired to do this project, U hope you enjoy and please let me know if have any comments!

Dirk zaal
    independent web developer
    Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    www.digizaal.nl

2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I do not like flash sites myself.

Looks nice though.

3. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I think Jongert have lost their way, they were a definite brand back in the 70's to 90's but yacht design moved on and they stood still. Oyster, Swan kept abrest, new styles emerged but Jongert stood still. Today they're not Perini, they're not the NZ Dubois/Farr style... they seem to lack a clear image and direction... maybe thats why they've gone into motoryachts. For sure they need to undertake some big time advertising to re-establish the mission, the yacht design ethos and increase (recreate) the brand awareness.

The site is fine, its middle of the road, certainly not extravagent, a bit like Jongerts current image.

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Jeez waaaaay out of my league

i had a look at their "small" 30 only to discover that it is 30 metres and not 30 feet - silly me

oh well
    what can i say

:p

5. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

Hi digizaal!
    With first look at the page, my thought was geee :) Nice boats!
    I think this was your attend and you have done it. With a little thinking I saw i have to go down to the bottom of the page to find the links. I have seen this before. Me not blessed with this. I have seen it before but don´t like. Feels uncomfortable.

Though the page is nice and proper. Maybe I prefer to be able to chose the picture myself out of thumbnails. But I think this also works. Maybe A gallary would be fine to take a closer look at the pictures that look interesting for me.

I think this is a real good and proffesional job anyway!
    Well done.

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Dirk
    I think you've done a great job!
    Nice and easy to navigate - which is the downfall of many sites that are too clever for their own good

7. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

Oh for gods sake I saw the link below with a little smaller text and when I clicked them the page appeared exactly as I wanted.

Me=Not very attentionary (sorry for this)

Maybe you should make these links "first choise" then ask the audience if they want to see the flash sites as it is nice for them who are patience to look at it. Maybe it is me who are to stressed when surfing the net.

8. digizaal

digizaal Junior Member

Flash ?
    There is no Flash at all in this website.. (www.jongert.com) the effects in the site are photo transitions and done by javascript.

Remember this is a builder/yard in the middle of the financial crisis, maybe that has something to do with also accepting motoryacht assignments..

greetings and thank you for your reply and the time you guys took to check it out..

9. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

Actually!
    You didn´t have to thank for this!

If I didn´t told you clear enough I will do it now.

I enjoyed the site a lot. ;)

//Janne

10. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Thanks, this helps me see the site the way I like, with small preview thumbnails.

The auto scroll, flash and javascript sites fail with me because I like more control, like you get with turning pages in a book.

I still don't see drawings of the ship models and an organizational chart of some sort. This would be something I can relate to.

The photos of finished boats do little for the mind of a planner used to seeing things in plan and in elevation.

Then again most people with the money for these boats may not understand drawings and can only relate to photos.

Sail on!

11. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

I think its a first class site. Simple , elegant, shows everything you need to know.
    and
    I would kill for a yard just like that, right next to my own little harbour.
    Itchy

12. digizaal

digizaal Junior Member

To use Line drawings, is indeed more what a yachtdesigner would do.
    example of a site I recently created for a yacht designer: http://www.dickzaalyachtdesign.nl/yachts/ (Who has more difficulties finding photos.)

A yard however, would see line drawings as something unfinished and would at least let them coloured by an artist, then beautifull real-life pictures are just an easier way I guess.

13. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Now that is what I call organized, and I see finished product photos next to line drawings, very nice.

No moving and flashing either, I feel a little more in control spooling around that site.

Both sites are nice, to each their own.:)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.