262ft-Megayacht Design Project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DVO, Jun 25, 2003.

1. DVO

DVO Senior Member

Hello, I'm new here and I hope we can have interesting talks.

To be brief, I'm a ship passionate, especially passenger ones and yachts, though they're two different domains.
    I'm drawing, designing and modeling ones for many years but professional and financial necessities didn't allow me to convert that into a whole time activity yet. My desire and will get bigger and bigger to make that, if possible, a reality.
    So, may I share with you my last achievment, OCARINA, a 262ft-megayacht project available at the following website:

[​IMG]

Please click on the above picture to enter.

Thank you for your time in visiting it and any comments are welcome.

Sincerely,

DVO

1 person likes this.
  2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Welcome to thew forums DVO. Great looking vessel and a very impressive web site too....

3. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

so let me get this straight.. you did all that....... in Rhino....... by yourself....
    Well I dont know about the rest of you lot, but it impressed the s**t out of me!

Really great looking boat! Excellent renderings. For a megayacht of that size she looks very well balanced, For a cruse ship she is well disguised!

My hat (and shades) are off to you, welcome to the forum!

Paul

4. DVO

DVO Senior Member

I'd like to thank you both for your reply, your comments and welcome.

Yes Polarity, this was entirely done with Rhino 2 and I'll go on the job (mainly interiors) soon.
    I took some more time to visit some past threads here and it seems Rhino is rather popular among the posters. It's indeed a great program for modelling and presentation. Next step for me would be the purchase of Flamingo I think.

Once again thanks, also to the readers who took of their time to visit my work.

Sincerely,

DVO.

5. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

DVO, did you do the hull modelling in Rhino as well as the rest?
    If so, what did you use for hydrostatic calcs etc?

6. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Yes DVO what you use with such great result are just tools. Tools to design and to play with design.
    the step from playing around with design to have it built separate the dream to reality.
    Don't forget, nice web-site and nice rendering are not the reality.
    So get courageous, and go dull time to achieve your real gool. Even if you have to starve a little :D
    Daniel

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.