25Ft Shallow V

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Guest, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello.
    I`ve finnaly got my boat in the water after almost a year of construction. It is a 25 by 10 shallow v self designed fiberglass hull. I`m running a tamd41b and Volvo strendrive. I`m still testing some props but it seems my top speed is near 25 Knots which I`m fairly happy with. I`m having problems with the trim of the boat, the bow is riding very high and it pounds very hard into small seas. Half the boat appears to be out of water and it never seems to sit down on plane. At top speed the bow starts to come down slightly. I then added Manually adgusted trim tabs and although I was able to bring the bow down some I lost speed and rpm as this happened....Is this normal? If I was to try pushing the bow down further might this help? Any suggestings are welcome. I could also provide some pictures of the hull and the boat on plane if that would help.
    Thanks Les

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm... I had much better luck tonight. I went back to a prop with less pitch I had tried before and adjusted the trim tabs while underway. The bow seemed to come down better at WOT and I was able to get the bow down some at crusing speed as well.

At WOT i`m getting 27% prop slip. does this mean I should increase the props diameter?

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

How are you trimming the drive after getting up on plane?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I am unable to trim the drive its a volvo 270. The pin is in the forward most position.
    Les

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It is difficult to find a solution without seeing the boat. It could be inherent in the design. Pictures would help a lot. Maybe I can come up with some sugestions.