24V and 12V

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by wallguy31, Feb 27, 2006.

1. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Yes, but not mutch more options when you want to have two diferent voltages from the same alternator

2. Andina

Andina Junior Member

I just gave an excellent (unbiased*) option above

You can charge your 24 volt battery from the 12 volt alternator or any single output 12 volt charger using a Trollbridge for under $100. See http://www.yandina.com/trollinfo.htm

*New product we invented availabe late May '06.

3. george allard

george allard Junior Member

A series parallel switch will do the same thing. They have been around for years but, who would want to go to all that trouble for a trolling motor. Some people could complicate a hard boiled egg.

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

some bass fishermen I know have 150000 $ tied up in their boats,they take off work for weeks ,to catch bass and crappy,,,,,beats the crap out of me,or should I say crappy?

5. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

you see to one ,spending 100 dollars on eggs, is one thing ,to me spending 100 dollars on a compass is not enough,,,,,,to each his own,my ship is my domain,,,,,,,longliner

6. BassMan25

BassMan25 New Member

Boat Project

I own a 16' Lund Rebel fishing boat. I was having many of the same problems already discussed in this thread. I have a 24 volt trolling motor that I have to run with two 12 volt batteries in series with red connector cables. All they run is the trolling motor. I also have another 12 volt batter in the back for the 25 hp outboard, and all other electronics and wiring in the boat. Having two batteries in the front cluttered everything, so I decided to make a casting deck in the front with plywood and outdoor carpet. I now can put my batteries below the deck with ease and they are completely out of the way. Also, the vertical facing of the deck lifts up like a door. Bass fishing will be a lot easier, and my boat will be a lot less cluttered. My only concern now is too much weight in the front of the boat. Hopefully it works out. I took pictures of everything if anyone would be interested in looking at it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.