24meter boat build in China

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Peng, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Peng

Peng Junior Member

Hi

I'm new to this forums. I'm a Chinese, in last few days I have seen a lot discussion in this forums about low craftmanship and quality issue happened in China. I believe this is more depends on the management skill level, if they know well about the composite building, the materials and application, set up the quality standard and production track system, will be achieved positive results. Attached pictures is a 24m project I completed in Souch China, all sandwich VE resin infusion. Resin and foam core used international big brand, fibers and infusion consumables were used local manufacture, everything works pretty good. Any body interested in the composite building or materials in China may drop me a email: pengg1982@hotmail.com, I'm happy to get more industry friends here.

Attached Files:

2. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Peng,

Like every country, China has a varied level of quality in their products. Some that I get from China are very good with good service, some that are bought for the low price from moderately respectable importers are OK and useful for their price level. Many Chinese workers are as skilled and work as well as those from any country. Some workers are exploited and turn out product that is shoddy because of, as you said, bad management looking for increased profit. Some US firms have lost significant money and had to close their business because of bad deals with Chinese companies. Gunboats is an example of the later.

1 person likes this.
  3. LowelandSystem

LowelandSystem Previous Member

Hi, is there any way to get training there? kind regards

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

It is not possible to know how was the infusion process and the quality achieved, therefore I will not talk about that matter. What really is possible to see quite well is the structure of transverse and longitudinal members and, sorry to say, it seems that can be greatly improved.
    But that is probably a design error, design that perhaps is not Chinese.

5. Peng

Peng Junior Member

Hi please drop me a email for the details, and see how we can work on it.
    pengg1982@hotmail.com, thanks!

6. Peng

Peng Junior Member

Hi Tom and Tansl

Thanks for the respond, the structure design was from Gurit.

7. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I do not know Gurit as boat designer. In my opinion, the designer has copied constructive solutions from other materials for this GRPhull and, I think, that are not appropriate.