23' Treun - Need a Market!!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by revhak, Jan 7, 2008.

1. revhak

revhak New Member

Hi There!
    My name is Sandy MacDonald and I own Treun Boats in Nova Scotia. I build 23' lobster style boats. The boats are semi-displacement and are built to commercial grade. I build with a utilitarian mind in that the less upkeep the more time for boating. To me no wood means no rot.

I am a small shop and my capacity per year is not high. I would like to find a few markets that would have room for my boats. The ideal would be to find dealers/distributors who are looking for a boat that is well built and someone who wants to build a line of boats in their market. I am small, but I can floorplan boats under the right conditions. I am not looking for a dealer to take on several boats, but rather one or two to start and then grow together as the market demands. I am not looking for consignment deals or people who want to demo boats for me, there are a few hundred who have offered already.

If anyone out there knows of a possibility or a suggestion for me, please let me know. Being in Nova Scotia, we are a little far from the larger markets and have a hard time selling boats to people who can buy boats that are just down the road from them. All the best and thank you.

Attached Files:

2. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

try selling it on ebay...

3. revhak

revhak New Member

Most definitely. I have tried this in the past with some success, but I don't know enough about ebay to advertise effectively i.e. which category, timing, reserve vs. no reserve, starting price. Maybe that is what I should research more. This might be a great place to find dealers along with selling boats one at a time. Thanks so much for your help!

4. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Your welcome SIR...:) it is my pleasure

5. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Revhak. I might and I very much stress might be able to help you sell some of these on the Oregon coast. If you intrested e-mail me and we can talk a bit.

wbcaptain at charter dot net

K9

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.