1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

23" sailboat hull and deck -cheap

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by bruceb, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

I have a 23' sailboat hull and deck available- cheap or free mirage 236- new, never completed in Atlanta, Ga. I need the space. Bruce

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

mirage 236 pics

I also have many of the parts to complete the boat. Bruce

Attached Files:

3. lporcano

lporcano New Member

What kind of shape is the hull in? Is this a fixed keel or retracting keep version? Are there any bulkeads in place?

4. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

236 details

The hull is not damaged although there is some surface crazing. The transom is cut out of it but I do have it. The hull and deck are joined, glued, and some bolts but not yet glassed. There are no bulkheads. I have some bracing in the boat to keep the shape. This is the original 236 hull that the mold was pulled off of, (the boat is a shortened Kelly 24) and the deck was a custom light weight that I had built at the factory. Only the companion way has been cut. It could be completed as a board boat, lift keel or fixed keel, there is no difference in the hulls. I had a lift keel version and raced it extensively and I can give you lots of "advice" if you decide to finish the boat. It is on a trailer that also needs some work that is included. I don't have a keel as I was planing on building a lifting bulb keel, but I do have rudders, masts, rigging and many other parts to complete it. They are not free:) , but I will make you a real deal on any thing you want. I used to be a boat dealer in Atlanta and I have many parts. The 236 was a really good design that was compromised by the MORC rule and the builder's market limitations. It could be finished as a competitive racer, roomy trailerable or as I did with mine, both. Bruce

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.