1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

23' Dan Arena Custom w/ Surface drive Project

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Mr. Tom, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Junior Member

Hey all, it is with much sadness I have decided to pass this boat along the line to someone who can finish it properly. So.. here it is…
    Up for your consideration is my 23’ Dan Arena Offshore Boat.
    This boat has not been registered, ever, it has not been completed, and it is a PROJECT.

The boat comes with a brand new single axle Trailer, mostly complete interior in serviceable condition, and fuel tanks.

I am not a fiberglass guy, and this boat turned out to be more of a project than I wanted. It is practically brand new old, having never been rigged or ran. It has never had an engine in it. It has been in storage under shrink wrap for the last decade. Unfortunately it suffered some damage while in storage. It needs the transom repaired (not replaced), and the back half of the floor replaced. Some of the clean up work has already been done. It has 2 gas tanks mounted already, as well as all gauge holes drilled in the dash. The boat is port side controls, and was set up for a Big Block with a Surface Drive.

Being that it has never had a motor in it, it can be finished however you want, I/O, Surface Drive, Outboards… Gas, Diesel, Turbine etc…

I bought this boat from Dan Arena over a year ago, and have just watched it sit ever since I discovered the extent of the damage. I was planning on repairing the damage, and completing the boat, but alas, here is another winter, and I don’t have room for it in my shop. So instead of watching it sit outside all winter, I am putting it up for sale.

This price is an absolute steal for the boat you are getting, this thing will be fast, and handle the roughest of water with the best of them. If you don’t know about Dan Arena Boats, or ArenaCraft, a Google search will get you up to speed.

For my asking price, you get the boat, the trailer, and the interior. AND THAT’S IT!

I also have for this boat, almost everything else needed to complete this project with a BBC and surface Drive. Including a Fresh Water Cooled, Full Roller 454, coupled to a velvet drive trans, and performance exhaust manifolds. An Arena Surface Drive, and various other stuffs. If any of this other stuff is wanted, it can be negotiated at time of sale.

$2,500 Or Best Offer. Will consider partial trades. What do you have? Thanks for looking

This is the exact same hull as a late 80’s Centurion Dominator, Arena sold the design to Centurion.

2. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Junior Member

This is the boat

Attached Files:

3. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Junior Member

More images are available.

Boat is in Healdsburg CA 95448.
    Trailer is registered, and road worthy, boat is very light.

Attached Files:

4. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Junior Member

more pics.

PM me here for more info.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Junior Member

Not one comment?? Not one interested party?? Really???
    Open to trades!!

6. bertsboat

bertsboat bertsboat

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.