21' Gato Especial Catamaran Project Underway

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Chris Ostlind, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Hey Guys,

I've got this pair of guys over in Athens Greece, who are just banging away on the build of my Gato Especial 21' cruising catamaran. They had a short delay when their epoxy order did not arrive as quickly as they had hoped. But, the sticky stuff is on site now and they are moving along with real intent.

They just sent me the second pile of progress photos of their project and things are looking pretty good. With any luck with the weather and a work ethic like this, they just might be sailing before the summer goes away. The question then... does the summer ever totally go away in the Greek Islands just off the coast of Athens?

The thought of a cool glass of Greek wine, a nicely grilled, freshly caught local fish and a mound of tasty Dolmades while lounging at anchor just knocks me out. I'm going to have to start saving my cash for an anniversary trip to the Med with my wife.

You can read the first and second build progress installments on my website.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.