Documented Yacht Hull

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by tahia, Nov 9, 2009.

?

Is the better option to sell as scrap lead, steel, and alum or sell as project hull ?

1. sell for less than the price of lead, steel, and alum

50.0%
  2. sell for one-off custom hand layed fiberglass sailboat hull

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tahia

tahia Junior Member

We are currently in the process of parting out our 1966 Ted Hood designed hand layed fiberglass mast head sloop which was powered by this fine gas inboard which still has only a little over 750 hrs. it should still offer good service for the lucky sailor who finds our sound hulll and restores this little yacht to fit condition. more info contact:thebarrys@camphost.us
    Edit/Delete Message[​IMG]

2. tahia

tahia Junior Member

30 Sailboat with custom trailer

Most current pictures
    http://picasaweb.google.com/1before2/Tahia2008?feat=email#

3. wardd

wardd Senior Member

a little paint..........

4. tahia

tahia Junior Member

Sound 5 ton Documented hull on four axle trailer project for the serious craftsman

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

May I ask why you're parting her out, if she still has a sound hull? I have the same reaction to seeing a boat decommissioned that I have to seeing a tree chopped down: it saddens me, even when I know it's probably the sensible thing to do.

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

As wardd mentioned, seems she needs some touching up, here and there. And are the 10000$ coming in cash when one takes her?

7. tahia

tahia Junior Member

Sometimes less is more..will consider interesting trades, I have to move on from this project.

8. tahia

tahia Junior Member

The terms of payment are open to offers

9. tahia

tahia Junior Member

Serious Boat Sale and or Removal

I doubt this will actually happen unless the price of lead keeps rising and the prices for sailboats in this condition keeps falling. I know when a serious sailor spots Tahia things will change for her and for her present owner.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  10. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

She's worthless, judging by the pictures I saw. strip her of her metals and recover some of the value. The engine can be sold separate and the rest, for the scrap metal folks.

11. Koch

Koch Junior Member

That's probably a nice sailing boat.

Ted Hood is a capable designer, even back then. That said, the market in Florida for a boat like that is terrible. Even a low hours gasoline motor is worth very little. $10K is way over-priced, even if parted out. There might be a taker in the 3K range as a DIY project, or try and sell the boat in a different area - the NE or Med for instance.

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

We do´nt need to import wrecks to Europe!

And btw. who would pay the freight???? You could buy five of these for the cost of transportation.

13. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

I don't know what pictures you guys are looking at but how much would you have pay for that kind of workmanship today( if it has been kept up)...It's hard to tell some things from the pictures but if she's been cared for and it looks like she has by and large..I think $10,000 is very reasonable...even with te market today...this boat has some class and provenance...it's ceratinly not your average 30-foot Hunter-Catalina-Pearson-those are going for close to ten grand right now used...and they are a dime a dozen and not nearly as pretty...one man's opinion...

14. Koch

Koch Junior Member

Look again. Its definitely a project.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/1before2...08?feat=email#
    However, the hull is probably sound, there are aluminum spars, sails of some sort I assume, a running gas motor (FWIW). It basically appears the deck needs rebuilding and the interior needs some TLC. I guess wiring and plumbing need replacing too.

15. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

ha ha..nevermind...your all right...of course..I didn't open all the picasa pictures...just flipped a couple pics and thought that was all..yeah...it's a wreck...a beautiful wreck...but still a wreck...it looked great from fifty feet away though...:)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.