1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Vega is for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Vega, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Guys, I am selling my boat. It is a Bavaria 36, built in 2002, 2003 model, first register in 2003.
    The boat is specially prepared for cruising and has 60 000euros extras.

I am selling now, because I have explored with it all the cruising grounds I can reach with the time available on my holidays and I like to discover new places.

For some years, till I retire or semi-retire, I will charter boats in Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Martinique or who knows, Australia or New Zealand.

When I retire I will buy another boat;) .

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...so=0&n=3%3A1%3A52873%3A52898%3A68&searchtype=

http://www.cosasdebarcos.com/barco_62740100071270506653575765684568.html

Attached Files:

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Paulo. I've been there before, when it's gone you'll start eying up every boat for sale :)

You'll need to get something, even sailing a Mirror in a flooded gravel pit is stress reducing, or don't architects get stressed in Portugal ?

Good luck selling it..

3. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Thanks Mike, but I believe you are wrong. I don’t like to sail at weekends neither do I have right now the time for the maintenance of the boat.

Actually for weekends or short holidays I prefer to drive my sportscar along some mountain roads to nice country towns, towns with great sceneries, great food and better wine.;)

Regarding boating what I really like to do is sailing and that, for me, means living and cruising in the boat for long periods. Normally I manage to squeeze some 40 or 45 days as summer holidays and that’s when I go sailing and cruising.

I will not stop doing it, but I will do that on a charter boat in places that would be out of my reach, if I sailed my boat.

But you are right about something…I will continue to dream of a new boat, but I will only buy one when I semi-retire (probably in 3 or 4 years) and have time to sail it for two or three months in a year.

Till that moment I will continue to search for the perfect boat (for me) and I can tell you that perfect boat has changed a lot in the last years and I believe that it is continuing to change….till I am absolutely right of what I really want (if I was a rich men it would be a lot easier… compromising is difficult:rolleyes: ).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.