1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

USA boat Manufacturer in Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by allmandboats, Aug 10, 2007.

1. allmandboats

allmandboats AllmandBoats.Com

Allmand Boats is building production boats in Sri Lanka in Colombo and soon in Matara to the south. We build boats with CE mark for Norway, a booming market. We also have new designs for Maldives Tuna Dhoni to 110 feet. Since moving production here we have doubled our market. We originally planned to just build for USA and Norway, but are now custom building Sport fishing boats for the Andamen Islands, Maldives. Over here there is tremendous opportuity not only to manufacture boats for export, but also to supply marine products in Maldives and other Sri Lanka boat builders. The market here is exploding. True China is a great place to build boats. For some reason the customers around the Indian Ocean would rather buy from a USA manufacturer. All the better for us.

Anyone out there with substantial investment capital is welcome to participate in Allmand Boats

2. fiberunlimited

fiberunlimited Junior Member

What kind of participation are you seeking. I am located in Orlando, FL and own a fiberglass manufacturing company. I have all the capabilities needed to pursue any opportunities available.

3. allmandboats

allmandboats AllmandBoats.Com

Now I am in Partner ship with Local businessmen. I would like to be independant. This will be a start up business and takes capital investment in raw materials and a facility. Labor is cheap about $150 USD per month for an experienced glass man. $200 per month for an experienced marine carpenter. Many Foreign companies from Germany, USA, Greece, UK have come here and are now producing fiberglass products. I have dealer in Florida ordering 6 to 10 boats per month and a Norway dealer buying boats for the summer season there. Recently I have contract to build five 107 foot dhoni for Maldives at $900K per without a financier I must stay with local partner splitting all 50/50
    I do not mind the split it is the difficulty in logistics that makes local partners undesirable. They don't understand USA business or production concepts that max profits. If you need a 1 " 10mm SS screw it takes them two weeks to get it, then they get the wrong kind, So I have to do everything. A western partner would understand. They are only good for accounting, and cheap labor. The leased land is less expensive tan the USA and there are no environmental issues.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.