1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

20' Silhouette Deckboat Molds for sale $4000.00

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by Tk7000, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

There are some good shops in Havasu. You could always put a wrap on it. Cost to put new gel on it would run about 8 to 10K. Those molds look like Chit, days of sanding them out and preping them to pull a new hull. When we built those 30 years ago a drum of resing was a few hundred bucks, now they're 2K mat, 1708 and core mat prices are crazy as well.

2. Silhouette20

Silhouette20 New Member

The shop in Deer Valley said 10K for new gel but they wanted a lot more for the repairs to the bottom of the hull. Which shops in LHC would you recommend that have a boat rotisserie and would do a mild custom 2 stage spray with auto paint? BTW, thanks for all your input and time taken to reply. This has been helpful and informative.

3. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

I dodn't remeber the names of the shop in havasu, they were on the main road that runs between the highway and the lake.

Was the last owners name Wllenburg?? I have a brand new Silhoette sitting in my back yard. Built it out of my molds 6-7 years ago. The molds for it are gone and I plan on doing some work to the center pod and outside soponsons. the original plud had the wood strakes on it and soe other wood parts. I wanted a solid glass hull to work with..

4. Silhouette20

Silhouette20 New Member

Okay, I'll try looking them up.

The Seller's first name was Trevor..still have his number saved in my phone. I purchased in 2018 or 19 and just don't recall the last name on the boat title that far back. He lost the title to the trailer so I went through the bond process.

That's crazy. A new Silhouette. Any pics handy?

5. Silhouette20

Silhouette20 New Member

Hey Cobra1,

Would you be interest in selling your Silhouette hull with or without taking mine in for future mods for a plug?

6. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

Planning on putting mine under the knife, or saw blade.

Why not buy the molds and build one?? Looks like it would take a week to clean up the molds and sand them out to 1000, buff and put though the wax cycle.

7. Silhouette20

Silhouette20 New Member

I don't know enough about laying up hulls to make the investment. Plus, my yard already stuffed with an RV, trailer with ATV's and a project boat. Think I'll just track down someone to get get it painted. Wasn't looking forward to getting the hull on blocks to do the repairs before turning it over to a painter to save some $$

I was out today and cleaned all the crap stored in it. I had a second look at the strake extensions to the transom. I know you mentioned extending them in the front to knock down some spray but do you feel re-doing the extensions on the outside sponsoons make sense?

8. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

Are you putting an outboard on it?

9. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

The strakes are fine, The center pod needs work.

10. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

11. Cobra1

Cobra1 Junior Member

12. Silhouette20

Silhouette20 New Member

I have a 3.0 Merc 225 EFI whacker for it. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.