2 jet ski´s = 1 catamaran?

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by RSALVAREZ, Oct 30, 2007.

1. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

Hi, i am new on this area and need a help on this idea, i work as pwc and industrial equipment mechanic in Baja California, i need a boat for crusing or travel 140 miles on rought waters, i have 2 Kawasaki stand up jet skis with 550cc 2 strokes engines ( aprox 50 hp each at 5500 rpm) this give me 1 hour per 3 gallon tank, my ideas is build a catamaran hull around the jet skis and a cabin on the center, this cabin will be mounted with suspencion to adjust the relation with the horizon to control the boat direction and actitude, the 550 is the cheaper class 1 powerboat , if i can design a 2 hull boat were i can put the JS, my first steep was put togheter the 2 hulls and seat on the center and was a rush to ride, if i find guide for the cat hull we will built an off shore powerboat like an off road vehicle, thats is the adea like an atv for the water
    will jump like an atv on sand dunes, race flat waters at high speed, long range capable and easy to maintain, in the pass a compani built a boat hull were 2 pwc works as power plants, this is not the case or idea, any help or guide on the hull design considerations, the JS is 7 feet long by 2 1/2 wide
    and weight around 200 lbs

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

3. aixam

aixam Junior Member

Have you got feader whit your thouts about jet ski´s in cat?

4. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

Yes and never again

Hi, i did but for more weight **** on the hulls i can´t made it safe to ride, just a fast surface torpedo, will try with a outboard cat hull and the engines.
    thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.