1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Sale: swamped 35 HP GD with only 70 hours or so. New prop,

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by jssbastiat, Apr 3, 2008.

1. jssbastiat

jssbastiat New Member

I swamped my 35 hp go-devil for 12 hours in Sept. I live in bush alaska and could only drain it. There was about 2 gl of water and oil. I pulled the valve cover and there was not any rust. The exhaust manifold is not any good nor is the carb, but, everything else is in decent shape.

I teach and don't have time pull the motor apart and rebuild it. I would like to sell it as a project ot someone whole, or, I could pull the motor apart and put the heads, manifold, starter, etc into one of the new big flat rate boxes, which would probably take at least 5. Then, for the lower unit, I would probably have to do one oversized box for $100...Or, it will ship whole to the lower 48 from Ak, 99762, via UPS ground for apprx. $500, or, that is what it took to get it from LA to Ak in 2 weeks.

I want $500 for the motor and I'll pull it apart, or put it on a skid whole. The prop is new with low hours, there is an extra prop with extra bearings, etc.

I think that with a new carb and exhuast manifold, you would have a great and cheap rebuild project if you have the time and know how, i don't! The insurance paid it off! But, I cannot warranty anything. I have pics posted here on Photobucket.

I have a new, unused grab bar I'll sale for $50 plus shipping. I also have a rock guard kit that I put on it.

If your in the nome, ak area, I have the 18 x 4 ft Alweld flat bottom for sale with floatation bench seats and a little damage to the front step plate where the boat ran aground. Some slight damage to the top rail also, but, the boat is safe to run in the water, just a few dings on it.

front damage
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/jssbastiat/P8121397crop.jpg

motor damage
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/jssbastiat/P8121398crop.jpg

$1500 for boat with nice 8 ft oars, life jackets, anchors if I can find them, decking if i can find them when we thaw out, one 6 gl gas jug. It's a $4000 setup from the boat shop.

Motor was a $5000 setup from GD.

Thanks,
    Scotty STarr
    907-779-2359
    jssbastiat@aol.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.