Wood Deck Help

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by meko45, Apr 13, 2006.

1. meko45

meko45 New Member

I recently bought a 1974 Boston Whaler 13' Boat. It is my first official boat, and is in good running order. Allthough all of the oringinal wood has been removed. I have found pictures of what it once looked like, and would like to restore some of that, yet originality is not my prime concern. Considering the boat will be used primarily for fishing in the Susquehanna River I would like to make an addition to the layout. First I would like to build a raised fishing platform on the bow (like a Bass Boat) which would allow for a trolling motor and hopefully much needed storage underneath. (there is none now). I am looking for help in acheiving this, I am a skilled carpenter and would love to do it out of wood.
    This is basically a training boat and I would like to have some fun with it and add my own touch. Any suggestions? on where to start, is it a good ideal? And how to info.